(by Pam Moore of SocialMediaToday.com)
… A good post focusing on some of the key questions that help in understanding who your product or service will address.
Here are the first couple of questions in the post:
1. Who is your audience?
No blanket answers here such as the entire zip code of Tampa, Fl. Instead focus on details and demographics such as:
- Where do they live?
- Where do they work?
- What do they do for fun?
- What is their lifestyle?
- Where do they hangout when not at work?
- Where do they hangout when online?
- What types of conversation are they having?
- Are they talking with your partners? With your competition?
- How much money do they make?
- What is their lingo? Tone? Casual? Professional?
*The list goes on and on here. You get my point by now, hopefully!
2. What are their pain points?
- Why do they need your product?
- Why do they experience the pain that requires them to need your product?
- What is the financial, emotional and life impact of the pain? How bad is it?
- What happens if they don’t have your product or service? What alternative products and services are there?
- Will they mitigate or reduce the pain themselves if you don’t help them?