Invitation to Blogging Best Practices class on April 25th

For the continuing education partnership between Baruch and the J-School, I’m teaching a Blogging Best Practices course on three Monday evenings this month. We had our first class this past week and the next one will be on April 25th. Based on a whole set of awesome questions I received from Olivia on Wednesday, I thought I might invite Entrepreneurial Journalism students to attend. On the 25th, we plan to discuss:

• Common terms to blogging
  • Types of blogging and their characteristics (personal vs. corporate vs. publication vs. etc.)
  • Introduction to WordPress, and how it compares to other platforms
  • Legal, copyright and community considerations

Our class period starts at 6:30 pm on Monday, April 25th and runs to 8:30 pm. Jeremy mentioned you might be getting out of class early that day so I imagine you won’t miss much.

If you’re interested, please let me know by next Friday, the 22th so I hold your spot and send you the necessary readings.

This entry was posted in Tech Support and tagged , , by Daniel Bachhuber. Bookmark the permalink.

About Daniel Bachhuber

Daniel Bachhuber is Digital Media Manager at the CUNY Graduate School of Journalism and fascinated by structured data, open source projects, and technology's increasing role in the production of journalism. In his free time, Daniel is involved in a few open source projects including Edit Flow, a WordPress plugin to bring more of a news organization's editorial workflow within the content management system. A native Oregonian, Daniel enjoys skiing, climbing, backpacking, travel and long distance running.